A Perfect Place to Celebrate Milestones
Chitwa Chitwa is a fantastic romantic destination for honeymooners and your hosts will ensure that your time with us is an unforgettable experience. The honeymoon package includes special private dinners and honeymoon turndowns in the bedrooms, among other romantic touches.
Enquire now to find out more.
For celebrating special occasions such as birthdays, anniversaries or other milestones we would be delighted to be able to assist in creating a memorable experience. All relevant information needs to be communicated to your reservation consultant in order for the lodge to prepare for it.
Unique experiences like a private dinner in an African riverbed or tribal dancers presenting a special treat can be arranged.
A Unique and Romantic African Wedding.
Imagine exchanging your vows in an African dry river bed at sunset, being serenaded in by African dancers amidst tribal song. Few experiences can be as personalised as a wedding and each experience requires attention to the finest detail. We promise unrivalled big game viewing, exquisite accommodation, sublime cuisine and above all, a day you’ll never forget. Your safari style wedding will be a celebration of love, tradition and lasting memories.
Packages can be arranged to suit specific wishes and vary from an unforgettable sundowner with champagne and snacks in the middle of the bush, to an elegant reception with silver cutlery and white starched linen in our beautiful formal dining room. We recommend that you book the lodge on exclusive use, so that we can ensure that our full attention is devoted to your function.
It can be as glamorous or as understated as you wish. Consideration needs to be given to weather and the fact that we are in a nature reserve so certain restrictions apply. Ministers from most denominations are easily accessible, as are photographers, cakes, hairdressers and florists. Special menus and dining venues can be allocated when the lodge is booked exclusively.
All you need to do is sit back, relax and leave it all up to us while you enjoy massages, sunset cocktails and game drives. Our weddings are renowned for their beauty and excellent service.
Accommodation: Chitwa Chitwa Game Lodge can accommodate 20 sharing guests in 10 rooms (8 suites plus The Chitwa House).
Venues: The main deck overlooking the dam, starlit boma and elegant indoor dining room areas are available at the Lodge for a reception area. Alternatively a superb Bush Reception can be arranged.
- Minister for the ceremony including the processing of all the necessary legal documents
- Chosen wedding location at Chitwa (bush, boma, deck)
- Chitwa Chitwa staff as witnesses and a member of staff as personal assistant
- Local dancers to perform at the ceremony
- Flowers: bridal bouquet, groom’s corsage, basket for table and cake arrangement
- Wedding cake (traditional one layer fruit cake) and champagne for the wedding couple
- Pressing of wedding couple garments
- Chitwa Wellness manicure and pedicure for the bride
- Package cost is on request
Package Excludes: Accommodation, photographer, make-up artist.
Costs of Additional Services:
- Accommodation: please consult our rates on the lodges page
- Photographer: from ZAR 6500 **
- Hairdresser: from ZAR 1200
- Make -up artist: from ZAR 1000
** Cost includes base package of 4 hours and covers photographer’s travelling, unlimited photos, post production work on images, original photo-dvd and standard international postage of photo-dvd.
Upon confirmation, we require the following information to prepare for the wedding:
- Wedding Couple’s full names, full address, telephone and fax number and email address. The minister will correspond with them directly. All documents must be sent to the minister at least one month before the wedding
- Desired colour scheme – colour of dress and type of jewellery
- Wedding cake preference – if the traditional fruit cake is required it needs to be communicated immediately as it needs to be baked 3 months prior to wedding
- Flower preference
- Couple’s address for the period following the wedding so that photographs can be couriered
- Hairdresser and spa treatment requirements as these can be arranged at additional costs
Should the wedding take place in the afternoon, we suggest that accommodation is arranged for the minister and photographer, as it’s a 3 hour drive back to Nelspruit.