The Chitwa Trust
We are invested in not just showing our guests the best African experience possible, but also in giving back to the communities around us.
The Chitwa Trust was founded in 2008 with the purpose of meeting two of South Africa’s greatest challenges: unemployment and lack of education. The Trust is a registered non-profit organization that provides aid to underdeveloped areas of Mpumalanga in a way that involves both conservation and community upliftment.
Should you wish to become a part of Chitwa Chitwa’s community initiatives, please email us at email@example.com.
With the latest update from Dixie and the Wisani School, we are pleased to update you with our Chitwa Trust agenda of necessities for Wisani/Dixie 2020.
We list them here-under with an approximate cost (these are listed in order of importance).
CATEGORY A - Highest priority (Please contact Chitwa Chitwa with regards to this category for our recommendations and appropriate advice)
- Upgrade of Kitchen* 6 plate stove top and oven - to prepare meals for the kids
- Storage units - For all the food provided by Chitwa on a frequent basis. Upgrade of bathrooms
- Maintenance on kids’ toilettes - quotes on hands from builders should this be requested
- Monthly groceries for the school, supplied by Chitwa
- 4 plate stove top and oven - to prepare meals for the kids: R7000
- 6 plate stove top and oven - to prepare meals for the kids: R10 000
- Storage units: For all the food provided by Chitwa on a frequent basis. From R 11 000, will need about 2 or 3
- Upgrade of bathrooms: We are still in the process of costing
- Maintenance on kids’ toilettes: We are still in the process of costing
- Monthly groceries for the school, supplied by Chitwa Roughly R10 000 to feed 63 kids
- Refuse bin for all garbage collected - preferably recycling bins
- Outside tables and chairs for kids and teachers
- Maintenance on kids playing areas - new shading nets, paint for swings and jungle gym
- Strong, safe bookshelves for kids’ books
- Notice boards for teachers
- DVD player to showcase educational material
- Blankets and clothing for kids R5000 - R10000 +
- Educational material
- Basic medical kits - band aids, antibacterial creams, disinfectant hand wash, wet wipes R1000 - R5000 +
Time - Guests can go and visit the school and offer their time and labour to paint the classrooms, maintain the jungle gyms or even teachers can offer an educational session. Chitwa can gladly help to source some items before guest’s arrival should shipping be too costly. We will please require notice in advance should you opt for this option. And upon arrival at Chitwa we can gladly arrange a visit to the school for you.
If you wish to make a general donation to the Chitwa Trust, please use the following banking details:
Chitwa Trust 1T243/2009
First National Bank Trust account
6222 622 0135